Monday, February 29, 2016

Why I treasure public holidays

REFLECTING ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS


View desktop-friendly version

Say, how was Presidents' Day? Aren't you amazed at how many sales people manage to partake of despite having just spent all of their short-term reserves on the holidays? And what about Valentine's? I mean, I would think that was bad enough!

I always look forward to public holidays. Although I have no office to escape, I love the time that holidays allow me to spend with my kids - it's like an extra Saturday!

As Americans we tend to focus a lot on celebrating commercially: sale, sale, sale! That's always fun, but sometimes it's nice to pretend like it's summer all over again and plan a family activity, or even a special "play-date" with your kids, no matter how old they are.

I'm fortunate in that my kids are 8 and 10, so they're still up for pretty much anything. We couldn't take on the Chuck E. Cheese and amusement park crowds, so we spent the day picnicking/paddling at a local river and then playing baseball and soccer. Rick especially loved helping the kids with their swim strokes - he's a natural.

When we got home, we played a few trivia games and then watched a sitcom marathon. All in all, it was a pretty good day.

I can't believe how fast the time is going - every time I watch my kids playing, they seem so much bigger! I'm determined to make the most of the time I have left with them... I get really emotional sometimes when I think about what it's going to be like after they're gone, especially with Rick still working all day.

But that's the whole point of it, right? Rearing and preparing them to strike it out on their own and take over the world... it's just that I'm gonna miss my babies :(

Ok, enough sop! I just want to remind you guys that DGG's inaugural Flash Bonus ends tonight at midnight MST. The winners will be announced (and added to the Winners' Circle) next weekend.


Have a great weekend, guys!

Donna


The Freebie Fairy says, "Fast-track your Member Rewards by subscribing to the Prize Press newsletter and following/promoting us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube!"

Compare Independent Reviews of Short-Term Lenders
Suffocating In Post-Holiday Debt? Compare Independent Reviews
of Short-Term Lenders... Click Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This With Friends On: